Monday, January 23, 2012

Minty Fresh!

  I ran out mouthwash not too long ago and was waiting for it go on sale.  Once you start couponing, it's hard to buy anything at full price, and you get used to things being a certain price, like I expect contact solution to be free.  Anyway, I was looking at how to make tooth soap (more on that later) and came upon a recipe for moutwash. 
  DIY mouthwash is so basic that I decided to try it.  It took a few minutes to make and will last months.  I think it cost 50 cents or so to make a liter.

 1st. Add 1/2 a tsp of baking soda per cup of water.
 2.  Add a pinch of salt.
 3.  Add however many drops of essential oil you want.  I added close to 20.
 4.  Wisk well to dissolve everything.
 5.  Pour into container.
 6.  Finish!  Yes, I'm reusing a Listerine bottle.
 This is all you need to have a good mouthwash that is alcohol free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment